Nektarina Non Profit will be relaunching its web magazine NEKTARINA (S)PACE. The magazine was published online in 2009 and 2010 in a blog format, and this year it will be relaunched as an edition that is both downloadable and accessible online, having the look and feel of a printed magazine.
The NEKTARINA (S)PACE magazine is targeting the cultural creatives. Not sure if you are one? The below characteristics were identified as qualities of a Cultural Creative. Agreement with 10 or more indicates status as a Cultural Creative.
- love of nature and deep caring about its preservation, and its natural balance.
- strong awareness of the planet-wide issues (i.e. climate change, poverty, overpopulation, etc.) and a desire to see more action on them
- being active themselves as well (e.g. cradle2cradle principle)
- willingness to pay higher taxes or spend more money for goods if that money went to improving the environment
- heavy emphasis on the importance of developing and maintaining relationships
- heavy emphasis on the importance of helping others and developing their unique gifts
- volunteer with one or more good causes
- intense interest in spiritual and psychological development
- see spirituality as an important aspect of life, but worry about religious fundamentalism
- desire equity for women/men in business, life and politics
- concern and support of the wellbeing (oa. freedom) of all women and children
- want politics and government to spend more money on education, community programs and the support of a more ecologically sustainable future
- are unhappy with the left and right in politics
- optimism towards the future
- want to be involved in creating a new and better way of life
- are concerned with big business and the means they use to generate profits, including destroying the environment and exploiting poorer countries
- unlikely to overspend or be in heavy debt
- dislike the emphasis of modern cultures on "making it" and "success", on consuming and making money
- like people, places and things that are different or exotic
- Authenticity, actions must be consistent with words and beliefs
- Engaged action and whole process learning; seeing the world as interwoven and connected
- Idealism and activism
- Globalism and ecology
- The importance of women
This year's first issue will be published on April 15th, with series of beforehand events.
The web magazine has ISSN 1847-6694.