Walking from his experience has indicated certain things
- It saves time
- It saves fuel
- It saves money
- Good exercise
- Makes you feel happier
As a 10:10er and eco-blogger, he feels its been awhile since he had a nice long walk. The timing is perfect with the nice winter weather and he knows he will not get bored while walking considering all the exciting and funny things that happens on the streets of Dhaka.
When does he plan to do so?
Friday,February 10th, 2012
Starting point- Gulshan-1 circle
Mid-way point- Dhanmondi(short pit-stop, not sure, it will depend on his spontaneity)
Ending point- Gulshan-1 circle
Problems he might face:
- Getting mugged on broad daylight.
- Oversleeping and missing the challenge completely being a weekend.
- Getting ill prior to the challenge.
Updates about the event:
He plans on twittering while on the move.
How can you participate?
- Cheer him on!
- Criticize him for being an idiot ( there is something called a bicycle, or even better a car..)
- Spread the word that walking is good for many reasons and is not a tedious thing to do
- When traveling short distances try walking instead of using the car.
What is 10:10?
10:10 is a global campaign run through out the world to promote carbon cutting and reduce climate change. 10:10 Bangladesh joins with organizations, businesses and educational institutes and promote active participation of people through events/projects and raise awareness. www.1010global.org You can sign up your organization or yourself at www.1010global.org/